Senate Republicans have reduced state spending, and ensured that New York’s government becomes more lean, more efficient and more accountable.
Whether we come from a small town, the suburbs or a big city, millions of New Yorkers share the same common goals and aspirations:
Senate Republicans want a stronger, more vibrant economy with thousands of new job opportunities that hold the promise of a brighter future. Our Candidates are ready to serve YOU, not the interests of New York City. Click through to learn more about our 2020 Senate Candidates.
For years, Senate Republicans have been the most consistent voice for New York’s hard-working taxpayer – fighting for policies that allow middle-class families to keep more of the money they earn. Click through to learn more about our Members.
The goals and priorities that are shared by millions of New Yorkers are also precisely the same goals and priorities that drive the New York State Senate Republican Conference. Help return the balance to New York government, consider donating today.
SENATE DEMOCRATS ARE TAKING NEW YORK IN THE WRONG DIRECTION
Senate Democrats spent 2019 focused on handouts to illegal immigrants in the form of “free,” taxpayer-funded college tuition and a failed attempt to grant them voting rights. Democrats made gross changes to our criminal justice system in the form of bail and parole “reforms” that let violent and dangerous criminals out on the streets and back into our communities. And, in between instituting a bevy of new taxes and fees, they pushed an unsuccessful universal health care scheme that would have broken the bank for middle-class families and small business owners.
Senate Democrats Approach to Budgeting…
There needs to be a better path forward. There needs to be a clarity to get New York back on track, make it more affordable for families, seniors, students and entrepreneurs. That is exactly what the Senate Republican Conference is fighting for in 2020 and beyond.
Senator Sue Serino -- Having spent her life in Dutchess, Sue cares deeply about ensuring our communities remain places where our young people can afford to start their lives and our seniors can afford to stay and enjoy the lives that they worked so hard to build. Residents of the 41st District should know that Sue will fight tirelessly in Albany to achieve that goal.
• Sue has fought tirelessly for increased affordability, rejecting billions in proposed tax hikes throughout her time in office. • A strong voice for women, Sue has authored laws to repeal the notorious ‘Tampon Tax,’ create a new Women’s Cancer and Education Fund, and establish an awareness campaign to empower those suffering from menstrual disorders like endometriosis.
• A prolific advocate for those who suffer from Lyme and tick-borne diseases, Sue has secured unprecedented funding to combat their spread and authored new laws to increase awareness and better protect children against the diseases.
• A dedicated champion for seniors, Sue has fought to ensure that they have the resources they need to age at home in our communities by securing funding to support critical service programs, reduce the cost of prescription drugs and combat the elder abuse epidemic.
• A passionate supporter of our service members, Sue fought to bring the Joseph P. Dwyer Veterans Peer-to-Peer Support Program to her local community to ensure that vets have access to tools they need to live life here at home to the fullest. When New York State threatened to defund the program statewide, Sue was a leading voice in the fight to get it restored in the final state budget.
• Sue led the way in the fight against heroin and opioids, helping to secure unprecedented funding and working with her colleagues to pass a package of bills to address prevention, education, treatment, recovery and enforcement.
• Sue believes that public safety should always be among Albany’s top priorities which is why she has authored a number of bills to empower crime victims, better protect children, and support law enforcement and first responders.
Learn More About Senator Sue Serino
• Sue has fought tirelessly for increased affordability, rejecting billions in proposed tax hikes throughout her time in office.
• A strong voice for women, Sue has authored laws to repeal the notorious ‘Tampon Tax,’ create a new Women’s Cancer and Education Fund, and establish an awareness campaign to empower those suffering from menstrual disorders like endometriosis.
The battle over bail reform continued at the State Capitol as the Senate’s Republican minority brought forth an amendment…
Repairing the damage done by Democrats’ radical agenda will take time, determination and most importantly - Your Vote in November!
You can register to vote using the New York State Voter Registration Form accessible here.
Clickable County Boards of Election Map to get address, phone numbers and enrollment statistics.
Change of address from registered voters must be received at least 20 days before a special, primary or general election by a county board of elections must be processed and entered in the records in time for that election.